Posted on: 2021-06-17
Status: International Tower Lighting, LLC has an immediate opening for a full-time Controller
International Tower Lighting, LLC (ITL, LLC), located in LaVergne, TN, is a recognized industry leader in the design and manufacture of obstruction lighting systems and monitoring equipment. The company offers a full line of medium intensity LED and xenon strobe obstruction lighting systems as well as aftermarket replacement parts. ITL tower light monitoring systems include Ethernet, SNMP, PCS wireless and satellite-based systems.
International Tower Lighting, LLC has an immediate opening for a full-time Controller.
Reports to: President and Executive VP
- Provide leadership and training for accounting staff of 2 – 3, whose responsibilities include:
- Preparing accurate, timely and efficient monthly accounting close, including bank reconciliations, review/reconciliation of GL accounts to sub-ledgers (a/r, a/p, wip and inventory), and analysis of variances.
- Processing of customer credit applications including obtaining credit references and Experian scores.
- Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, including payment processing and collection of past-due accounts.
- Managing state and local property tax accounts, submitting estimated income tax payments (Federal and applicable states), and filing annual reports in applicable states.
- Processing of payroll and HSA contributions.
- Onboarding of new employees.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements for company owners.
- Prepare multi-state sales tax returns.
- Maintain the company’s accounting and business system, Sage 100, in coordination with the IT Manager. Responsibilities include training of new users, maintaining user permissions, developing custom Crystal Reports and/or SQL queries as needed, and developing process documentation as needed.
- Lead process improvement initiatives, including training and documentation.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Prepare year-end tax preparation information for external tax return preparer.
- Manage relationship with insurance agency (health insurance, property and liability insurance).
- Develop custom reporting as requested by the company’s owners, to provide additional insight into business trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred, 10 – 15 years progressive experience in managerial accounting.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and judgment; excellent customer service attitude; strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Sage 100 software preferred.
- Manufacturing accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions, and to work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 25% employer match on HSA